Splish Splash I wuz takin' a bath!

I hope you all had a better Norteastern than we did!! We got an indoor pool in our basement. Not fun at all. I only lost a couple of books and a bag of left over yarn I had left on the floor. The Loom was on my cutting table still in it's bag! Thank goodness. A few area rugs met with an untimely end. Well at least there was no yucky sludge or mud to clean up!

So I have to do a final project for my Weaving II class. I have to create two related pieces. They don't necessarily have to be twill or even traditonal weaving materials. I can use whatever I like. This is the first time I have to do an Artsy type project since junior high...don't you dare ask when that was!! I ain't talking! I am thinking either 8x8 or 10 x 10.
The first piece I am thinking of doing is inspired by my favorite picture of the marina. The day I took that picture there was a nasty storm coming in. The water and sky was all blues, tealy, blacks, silvers and whites...The water looked so still like a mirror reflecting the turbulent clouds overhead.



My second piece will be based on a building I love on 57th street between 5th and park avenues. Do you see the angles? The colors are really cool. It is the same color family as the marina picture. I think I will do a twill and use wire from network cables so I can shape it some. This building is across the street from the Nike store. I love how it reflects the buildings across the street. It'll pick up the color of the sky and sun as well. This building is trying to squeeze into the space between two other old school buildings. It cracks me up! So what do you think?


Well let us see how this goes. The projects will be displayed at a show at Habu. Very cool!


Say a prayer for Virginia Tech families. My heart is heavy.


Peace



Marie

Comments

Beth said…
I was enjoying the picture on your Easter post. All of the bright colors. The beautiful day. Todays pictures look all gray and dark. Quite a different feeling. I still like them. I was just thinking about how different they arfe right next to each other.
Amanda said…
I love the pictures where you live they are so beautiful and inspiring.
I'm sorry to hear about all the flooding that just plain sux. Can't wait to see your artsy peices when you finish ;-) Take care and dry up LOL.
Artsie said…
The colors are great! I love the relationship between them, and you can really be creative with a pop of yellow. LOVE YA hugs
Diane said…
What was up with all that rain? No problems at my house but what a yucky weekend.
woof nanny said…
I love the buildings shot. So so cool.
I'm so glad you're joining the purse challenge! Yay--it should be so much fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Can you Habu?

Oh Yes Mr. Postman!!

Weaving project in the sun