Weaving project in the sun

Hello!

It was a wacky crazy horrific week at work! There wasn't too much time to work on projects. I am working on one new baby blanket and of course my Weaving II project. Here is the inspiration picture along with the work in progress.


A sunny spot full of the yarn I am using. Light blues through black with a tiny touch of yellow as an accent color. The warp is a light grey tencel. The weft is a mix of yarns. I have yarn from Habu there as well.



Thank you for the nice comments on Hubby's garden. It has come a long way since we moved in. Here is a close up of the Dogwood flowers on the west side of the house.




Enjoy the great weather!


Hugs,

Marie

Comments

Beth said…
That weaving is so beautiful.
I don't have anything else to say.
Just beautiful.
Artsie said…
I like the use of the different tonal blues and the sharp contrasts give an illusion of great depth, but it also has a feeling of calmness... Very lovely
BrownBerry said…
Mmmm - yarn as art - I really like that! Thanks for coming by, please visit again soon. I know I'll be stopping by here for these gorgeous photos and yarn-y inspiration.

Isn't it interesting how so many people that work with yarn also sew? Hmmm...
Amanda said…
Very beautiful!!! I can see how the picture inspires the weaving, awesome job!
FaeryCrafty said…
That is soooooooooooo very cool!!
hesira said…
That really is beautiful weaving. I love how you are interpreting the picture!

Nice dogwoods too!

Popular posts from this blog

Can you Habu?

Oh Yes Mr. Postman!!