Eureka!!

We have Twill!!! Yep! You can kinda see the weave slanting to left \ then to the right / all zig zaggy goodness! it shows best on the white stripe I think...I do have to kinda squitch my eyes!

How did I accomplish this twilly miracle...well that is were the stick with loops came in...each slot has two warp ends and each hole has one warp end.




Every other extra slot warp is picked up with the pick up stick. The loopy string - official name is leashes - is pulled off of the dowel and the placed in position by pulling a loop between each warp end and put back on the dowel. The setup shown here is for plain weave on either end the center bit is twill.


when I want to weave the twill part I bring the leashes forward and pull up

who would have thought!! I have to practice this week. Saturday we learn more cool stuff. Then we have off for Easter. We need to start our warp for the end of class project.
It was great to learn what the loopy stick was for!
I've tons of daffodils coming up...some hyacinths are blooming and the lilac will have a lot of blooms this year.
I have nothing on the needles right now...am not sure what to make next. I am going to try a sweater next. A simple one.
Enjoy the great weather! Rumour has it that it will be in the 70s tomorrow!!
Hugs to all!
Marie

Comments

Diane said…
Super cool! Your weaving looks great.

Can't wait for the warmer temps. I'm sooooo over winter.
Amanda said…
Wow it looks great!!!
Temps in the 70's I'm so glad I can relate to that it's been gorgous, hope it's here to stay ;)
FaeryCrafty said…
Impressive!!

Popular posts from this blog

Weaving project in the sun

Can you Habu?

Oh Yes Mr. Postman!!