The wind is whipping around

Hi all!

This is just a quick post about a funny NY moment...

I work on Water Street, two blocks north of the S.I. Ferry, and it is one of the windiest streets in NY. So picture this, I am waiting at the light leaning back against the wind, which is pushing so hard if it were to suddenly stop blowing I would be laying down on my back in the street. I see out of the corner of my a figure rush forward and hear an apologetic "oh excuse me..the wind!!!" This little lady was losing the battle with the Wind! I hold out my arm and yell over the wind...hurry catch on, catch on! She hooks into my left arm and this tall young guy hooks into my right arm...we run across the street into the shelter of the buildings, unhook arms and call good night to each other. All I can say is only in NY!

I love NY!

Hugs!

Marie

Comments

Beth said…
I haven't been to NYC since I was a girl scout. Now I'm 41. It sounds wonderful from what everyone says.
I do mail order stuff so if there's anything special you are looking for in the way of fiber I may have it - except for Habu.
Aren't those Kromski looms beautiful and your weaving is fabulous!

Popular posts from this blog

Can you Habu?

Weaving project in the sun

Oh Yes Mr. Postman!!